Thursday, October 25, 2012

Conclusion


  


       Since the beginning of my tantrums as a young girl and misbehaving towards my parents, La Llorona became a common story everyone would advise me to remain in a good behavior and remember my manners or La Llorona will find where I am and take me along with all the other kids who are disobeying their parents. Now looking back on this old folktale, I remain skeptical on whether or not La Llorona really exists, and whether or not one is marked for death if we see the donkey faced woman who wails over night in search of her kids. More likely than not, the topic of La Llorona persists as one of those scenarios where one has to see or hear it to believe it. If I had to make a definite decision based on the information I have researched and heard the stories people have told, the old tale seems hard to believe, therefore, I believe this tale serves as a tale told to young kids especially, to reinforce their behavior to put them back on the right path. Despite my choice of belief, I do support those who inhabit the choice to believe in La Llorona. Everyone is uniquely different with different views, and with this, comes a variety of explanations to certain circumstances. In my personal point of view, the tale of La Llorona will linger for years to come, as it has served as an entertaining and suspicious story that will leave one in suspense and curiosity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment